Friday, October 15, 2010

What a surprise!

I did some nice trades Thursday evening in the Far East going home short Euros, taking profit and then getting long overnight and exiting that in London for a tidy profit. I fully expected the rest of the day to be a circle jerk with no real direction with equity option expiration and did not plan on trading but instead helping my favorite girl get her house ready to be sold. Unfortunately, I missed the Euro upmove to my sell zone and, of course, the big reversal! Damn. Not so bad though, as I patiently waited for a bounce, got short Euros at 1.4030 and added below (Total position size = 7K Euros) and exited at 1.3962. I thought it was critical to close below 1.3960 which would have been the first daily close below the previous day's low in almost 30 days. As it did not, nothing has changed. The Euro may have topped, but I wouldn't be too confident of that. I am flat and will see what next week brings. I have a feeling that there will be some interesting yen action but I rarely get too involved with yen. Day's profit = $70ish for a total account value of $194.78 ... that's like 100 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean ... A good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment